1.11.2012

The Road to Weight Loss

I know I said losing weight wasn't my resolution, but I never said it wasn't one of my goals that fit into my plan for positivity. 

For a while I haven't been happy with the how much I weigh, the food I eat, and the way I look.  And thanks to someone very special in my life (my girlfriend Ashley) for motivation, I have been doing something about it!  Already I feel healthier.  And starting 2012, I have decided to keep it up and do even better!  I sat down and set some goals for the month of January.  These goals included an end weight and also included the # of days I would like to run in the month.  It was motivational to set those goals and to start a new month with the goals in mind. 

I had been on a great track in the fitness department before 2012 hit.  Being away for vacation time definitely put a wrench in that though.  I didn't run at all for two weeks or do much of anything related to fitness.  But I am not here to dwell on the negative, but to create the positive.  With my goals in mind, I know that I need to get outside and go running.  I want to reach that specific number I set for myself (the # of days I want to run this month).

I also was on a great track for weight loss before 2012 hit, but the holiday season also stopped that.  Since I have been back on track for 2012 though, I have lost some weight.  I am okay with slow.  I set my goal weight so that I lose 1 lb per week.  I am okay with losing weight slowly, as longs as I lose the weight.  it also ensures me that I am happy (and don't feel starved) and healthy while losing weight.  I like my plan and I cannot wait to see the results.

My goal for this weekend and this upcoming week: start working out & running again.  I haven't done much of that since 2012 began and I want to reach my goal.  So it needs to start now.  Another goal: continue to track all of my calories on My Fitness Pal (MFP).  This allows me to look back at my habits (good and bad) and repeat (or not!).  It also allows me to keep track of what were the reasons behind my weight loss (or lack there of).  It also holds me accountable!

And I have added a task for myself.  I want to make some sort of motivational board about fitness, health, and running.  That way I can have a reminder of the life I want to live continuously.  I think this will motivate me more and more.  And I shall continue with this project tonight after this blog!


Positivity for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment